Saturday, February 6, 2010

The great storm of aught 10...

January 18th thru the 22nd it snowed. the first day 12 inches, the second about 10. the next day it just didn't stop, and then it rained too.
Here are a few pics from the storm.

This is Miles sledding down the front yard. This was the first day, it snowed all night and then was nice. Then it snowed all night again. After a bit, it was steep enough to hit the house, leading to this next pic.



This is Asa building a ramp up the side of the house so Miles could stop before the thud.

By the time the storm ended, the ramp was way buried. So was the sled for that matter.




Out the living room window. Taller than me. Blag. What is this silliness? Who moved me here? Oh wait, it was me. Dammit.


He was measuring the snow for me. And he is 49.5 inches tall.





Renfield in the "wizz tunnel" Bet you he wished he could use the toilet. It took me forever to dig this out too.


Oh look, more.

At this point it is safe to say I am done with snow. REAL done. And it is snowing right now, depending on who you ask either 4 or 12 inches tonight.


But things should grow like weeds this spring and summer and so I shall look forward to that.

No comments: