Friday, January 22, 2010


Well, folks, it's been a wild ride here in on the old mt top. Four or five feet of snow in the last three days, depending on which side of town you live on, plus rain last night, to melt some and then refreeze, (and coat all the pine needles with ice so when you are out shoveling this morning they stab thru your hat. Good times)
This to the left is the Ice skating rink, it caved in this morning I think.



And This, This is sad. This is/was Bookmans. And Joanns fabric store on the left. My two favorite places. (my Third is the burrito place immediately to the right of Bookmans, no word on its roof, but it hasn't been mentioned. The best used book store in all the land. They are saying complete rebuild.


They made it mandatory that people with flat roofs shovel or evacuate today, since 2 more feet of snow are supposed to fall tonight.

So Asa, sweet man that he is, spent the day at my dads, shoveling his roof (my dad is a t4 paraplegic, no ladders for him. Hell, no leaving his house for him these days.) That's after he did ours, and spent an hour shoveling our own driveway. (Well, chipping the 5 inches of ice up)

I have pics I took, Miles in snow over his head and the doggy tits deep, as it were. I'll post them soon.

Stay warm, and dry. I reckon this storm is heading east.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I saw that on the news. Yikes. We went to Flagstaff 4 years ago and it snowed then, too. I had no idea it snowed anywhere in Arizona!

Shana said...

Wow that is crazy! Bravo Asa...you got major brownie points in the bloggy world! And OMG Kathleen..."tits deep", LMAO!!